Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ken Griffey Reds fans bid farewell letter

In the Thursday after being traded to the White Sox, Ken. Small Griffey even have the opportunity to bid farewell to his fans Reds, White Sox hastily embarked on a journey away from home. Saturday, small Griffey wrote a letter released by the Reds, the letter expressed appreciation for the fans and some regret, and apologize for his final home game. "I want to thank the Cincinnati Reds I realized the dream of life - for my hometown team game." Griffey said in the letter, "I will always cherish me and Linde, the Castellini and Williams families friendship. my nine seasons there are many individual bright spots, such as article 400, paragraph 500, the first 600 home runs are hit in the Red's. Unfortunately, I often plagued by injuries, the largest Unfortunately, no energy and with the Reds won the World Series champion. "Griffey effect in the period 2000-2008 the Reds, and Reds fans have been unhappy relationship. This is because Red seven consecutive losing seasons, fans complained that Griffey because of several injuries due to the absence of a decisive game. In the July 26, he hit the Reds when the penultimate home runs, Griffey comments by narrator curses the guide Jeff bud. "Also want to say, I want to sincerely wrong for me Saturday night, the behavior of apology to the fans," Griffey said, "It was extreme conduct. Whether I am not in court, I just hope Red will succeed."